Christianity is growing at a tremendous rate among the Chinese people, the largest ethnic group in the world. There is an unprecedented and urgent need for apologetics training to be given to Chinese Christians, so as to equip them to live lives that are based on solid biblical principles and to be ready to answer difficult questions concerning their faith. Strengthening and equipping Chinese Christians in this way will help to actualize their potential for cross-cultural mission and fulfilling the Great Commission.
Aims and Objectives
- To raise awareness of the need for apologetics and to promote reliable apologetics in Chinese churches.
- Discipleship: To equip and strengthen the body of Christ in the area of apologetics and Christian doctrines, so that they can be more confident in their Christian faith and enjoy a greater intimacy with God.
- Evangelism: to train Christians who are able to articulate the reasons for the hope that we have in God, and help pre-believers overcome their obstacles concerning belief in Christ.
Statement of Faith
- The Bible, containing the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God, truthful in all that it affirms, and the supreme authority in matters of faith and conduct.
- The one and only God is tri-personal: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit being distinct, equally divine persons. The triune God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, perfect, eternal and the uncreated Creator, Sustainer and Ruler of all creation.
- Human beings are created by God in His image, but all have sinned and incurred condemnation, and are incapable of saving themselves.
- God, in His mercy and love, made provision for human redemption through the Savior Jesus Christ, in fulfilment of the promises and prophecies in the Old Testament. Jesus Christ is the Son of God, truly divine and truly human. He was born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and suffered and died on the cross as a vicarious atonement for the sins of humankind. On the third day He rose again, appeared to many people, and ascended into heaven.
- Humans are saved and declared righteous by grace through faith in Christ alone, through whom sinners can receive forgiveness and become children of God and heirs of eternal life. Believers are a new creation in Christ, and are called to walk in the Spirit, to die unto sin, and to live unto righteousness. Good works are the fruits of salvation, and not the means of salvation.
- The Holy Spirit indwells believers and guides, corrects, consoles, and empowers them to live holy lives.
- All believers belong to Christ and make up the Body of Christ, the Church. Believers should worship God, study the Bible, pray, receive baptism and the Holy Communion, fellowship with other Christians, serve God, and share His love and the Gospel with others.
- In the last day, Christ will come again personally and visibly to judge the living and the dead. The dead will be raised, the unsaved unto condemnation, and the saved unto the inheritance of eternal life and entrance into the new heaven and new earth.
- 人是按著神的形象受造，但都犯了罪，且要為所犯的罪面對神公義的審判, 不能自救.